The Museum is open 10am - 5pm, 7 days a week from late May through mid-October. The Brewster Library is open all year by appointment only.
Admission: Adults $5, Seniors $4, Students $2
Ages 6 and under are free.
We're located in the old school building at the corner of Rte. 9N and Hand Ave. in Elizabethtown, NY - only two hours from Montreal or Albany and forty minutes from Plattsburgh, Lake Placid or the Charlotte/Essex ferry.
Click for a MAP of the area (courtesy of Google maps)
Essex County Historical Society
Adirondack History Center Museum
7590 Court Street, PO Box 428
Elizabethtown, NY 12932
The Adirondack History Center Museum displays artifacts from over two centuries of life in Essex County and the central Adirondacks. The diverse collection includes:
- Artifacts from 18th century forts at Crown Point
- An 1850's Washington printing press
- An 1887 Concord stagecoach
- A 1920's stage curtain advertising area businesses
- An extensive collection of antique dolls
- An iron bobsled from the 1932 Olympic Games
- A 58 foot Fire Observation Tower to climb
- Special events and exhibits
THE COLONIAL GARDEN
Created in 1956 and adjacent to the museum, the Colonial Garden features many varieties of flowers, native plants, trees and shrubs in a formal setting patterned after the gardens of Hampton Court, England and Colonial Williamsburg.